- subject: The Heart as a Pump
- title: Ejection Fraction and Endsystolic Volume
- season: Season 1
- difficulty: Basic
- description: More about the LV in systole, EF is an old measure to correct for errors in estimating absolute LV volume. It can be misleading.
- area: Cardiac Physiology
- videoUrl: http://player.vimeo.com/video/54591675
- imageUrl: http://www.profmontage.com.au/SiteFiles/profmontagecomau/EF.jpg
- isControversial: False
- sortOrder: 320
- difficultySortOrder: 1
Ejection Fraction & Endsystolic Volume*
More about the left ventricle in systole. EF is an old measure correcting for errors in absolute volume estimation. It can be misleading, so you need to know what it means!
Ask a Question
Statins in the elderly